Brain and Nerve Surgery
Tınaztepe Health Group Brain Surgery Unit provides an effective, reliable and high quality service at world standards in order to protect the health of our patients and to examine, diagnose and treat their diseases with modern technological devices.
Neurosurgery , also known as brain and nerve surgery is a branch of surgical speciality that conducts advanced examination, diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the peripheral nervous system. Medical doctors specializing in this field are called brain surgeon or neuro surgeon.
Diseases Diagnosed and Treated by Our Neurosurgery Unit
• Herniated Disc( Lumbar Disc Disease)
• Cervical Disc Hernia (Cervical Disc Disease)
• Surgical treatment of all kinds of compression (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome), trauma, cuts and tumours of the arm and leg nerves called peripheral nerve .
• Head and spinal cord injuries, trauma surgery,
• Brain hemorrhage,
• Blockages of cerebral vessels (cerebral palsy, stroke),
• Narrowing of the neck vessels called carotid stenosis,
• Congenital disorders such as meningocele, meningomyelocele, arising while nervous system formation, hydrocephalus defined briefly as increased amount of fluid in brain cavities, and treatment of congenital deformities of the skull,
• Tumors originating from the brain or spinal cord tissue or causing problems by pressure from outside
• Aneurysm of vessels that feed brain tissue or spinal cord,
• Diseases such as arteriovenous malformation, cavernoma,
• Surgical treatment of neurological diseases such as severe epilepsy (Sara) and Parkinson's disease and a number of psychiatric disorders such as OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder),
• Surgical treatment of diseases such as trigeminal neuralgia, severe cancer pains, tic disease (Hemifacial Spasm) (Functional Neurosurgery),
• Especially in recent years, methods called "stereotactic radiosurgery" is the treatment tumor and cerebrovascular diseases (cerebrovascular) lesions with bloodless and non-anesthesia.